Happy friday Glen burnie! These are the most important things happening at Glen Burnie today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy. High: 52, low: 46.
Here are the best stories at Glen Burnie today:
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ The November jobs report was a mix of positive and negative news. The unemployment rate continued to approach pre-pandemic levels, but the number of new jobs reported was lower than expected. Meanwhile, the national unemployment rate fall from 4.6% to 4.2% from October to November, according to the BLS. This rate has improved since September in the Glen burnie area and continues to be lower than at the start of the pandemic. the Anne Arundel County The unemployment rate was 4.3% in October, down from 4.5% in September. This reflects some improvement from October 2020, when the unemployment rate stood at 5.2%. (Glen Burnie badge)
- Severna Park High School will welcome the fifth grade basketball in high school tournament on Wednesday December 29 and Thursday December 30. This family-friendly event includes JV athletes and university high schools from Severna Park, Annapolis Area Christian School, Old Mill, South River, and Glen burnie. Daily admission will be $ 5 in cash, valid for a full day. Concessions will be available during the event. For more information, visit www.severnaparkathletics.org. (Severna Park Voice)
- If you are looking for a new house, chances are you’ve already combed through all the internet ads in your area. And while you probably get a good idea of what these houses look like from the photos, you just can’t beat a face-to-face encounter with the real thing. To help potential buyers in the Glen burnie region, we’ve listed the two most recent homes in the local market, with information included on upcoming scheduled open days. (Glen Burnie badge)
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools and the Anne Arundel Ministry of Health are teaming up again to offer another round of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination clinics for children ages 5 to 11 at four elementary schools starting next week. The clinics follow similar clinics in 24 county elementary schools where more than 1,700 children have been vaccinated. The clinics, which will operate from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., are first-dose clinics. Families of children who have already received their first dose have already received information for second dose clinics. (Press Releases Office)
- Maryland young people are joining the growing number of content creators on TIC Tac despite the lack of a strong local community. Digital content creation is among the rising jobs of 2021 as the job market changes during the pandemic, says a LinkedIn report. TikTok, the social media and video app, announced one billion users in September, directly thanking users alike small businesses and creators for the milestone. (Baltimore Fishbowl)
Today’s Glen Burnie Daily is presented in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change lives for you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource at Glen Burnie!
- Anne Arundel County Library: Last Saturday, Appalachian Trail hiker Colin Gardner shared his experience and expertise with the Odenton Library. Library patrons learned all about the gear and the process of preparing for their own hiking adventure. ” (Instagram)
- Anne Arundel Co Rec & Parks: “Please note that as a precaution this event has been canceled. Food donations will be collected at the Earleigh Heights Guard Station until December 20.” (Instagram)
- North Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce: “Welcome returning ICAT Logistics, Inc. member Ginger Bartlett. They will serve your supply chain needs and make sure you are informed every stop of the way.” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Freetown: “Is anyone looking for life insurance for themselves or for a loved one? Contact our office for a quote today! (The door next door)
- Next door neighbor, Freetown: “Looking for a part-time babysitter / nanny for a newborn baby in Glen Burnie. It is a plus if they are also willing to accompany us on paid trips / vacations with the baby. Must be experienced and / or certified. Call 410.575. 4551. “(The next door)
- Next door neighbor, Tanyard Springs: “Does anyone have experience with Home Advisor? I scheduled repairs but canceled them. They want me to pay for them even though nothing was done. Comments?” (The door next door)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Perry Hall Crafts & Collectibles Show at Eastpoint Shopping Center. (December 11)
- 14,000+ SF Potomac Manor Online Auction, Real Estate & Furniture. (Dec 12)
- Add your event
Do you like the Glen Burnie Daily? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
You are officially in the loop for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with the Miniposa Ministry, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.